Technology and design in harmony
ALESSI Sense by HANSA comprises high-quality faucets for kitchen and washbasins. Their inventive creator – the renowned designer Rodrigo Torres – has produced a product family that represents a perfect blend of form and function. Motivating people to become more conscious of how they use water was the main focus of the development and design. It functions on the basis of an intelligent electronic operating system that encourages the user to engage.
In 2016, Alessi Sense by HANSA washbasin faucets 07732201 and 07742201 were rewarded with the Red Dot Award: Product Design.
Water saving with a gentle touch
Conserving resources means more than just switching off the light when you leave the room: It is also about reducing water consumption. ALESSI Sense by HANSA allows for intuitive and at the same time controlled use of water. There is a semi-transparent Touch-Control at the top of the faucet that you operate like a button. The faucet is opened by pressing gently on top of it, after which it remains open for six seconds. A longer press lights up the LED lights on top of the faucet and lets the water flow for a minute, unless the faucet is manually closed before that. This gives you a sense of how long the water actually flows and you learn how to use it more consciously. The washbasin faucet ALESSI Sense by HANSA, is also available with a Smart Bidetta hand shower. Thanks to its wireless functionality, the Smart Bidetta hand shower can be installed further away from the faucet, making it ideal for a wide range of different bathroom configurations.
The designer: Rodrigo Torres
‘In times where careful use of water, our most valuable natural resource, should have the highest priority, objects such as ALESSI Sense by HANSA represent an exemplary development.’
Born in Bogotá, Colombia in 1976, Rodrigo Torres obtained his Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design from the Jorge Tadeo Lozano University in Bogotá and later his Master's degree in Design from Domus Academy of Milan. Rodrigo Torres has worked for major international companies such as Alessi, Nike and Poliform. Over the years, he has participated in several international exhibitions and has been rewarded with prestigious design awards. His work has been published in some of the most important design publications in the world.
The essentials at a glance
- Expressive design with practical utility for sophisticated room concepts.
- Easy operation via Touch-Control.
- State-of-the-art water-saving technology; flow rate of 4 l/min for washbasin faucets and 8.2 l/min for kitchen faucets.
- High-quality glass interface for flow duration display.
- The water low rate and temperature can be set using the control at the side of the faucet.
- Surface finishes in contact with drinking water without nickel coating.
- Special feature for kitchen faucets: an electronic dishwasher valve automatically switches off the flow of water after three or twelve hours.
- Electronic functions that can be set: water flow duration, cleaning mode, sanitation rinsing.